AMAZING DINNER!
Since I can't ever seem to do things the same way as the day before, I am always trying new recipes. We just tried this recipe from Prevention tonight, and if you like spicy foods, it is PERFECT. Apparently, it comes from a couple that cooks gourmet Mexican - I think for a restaurant they own? Anyway, definitely yummy.
Chile-Baked Fish with Sweet Potatoes
2 med. sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
1 tbs vegetable oil
1 1/4 tsp salt, divided
1 can (14.5 oz) no-salt-added diced tomatoes with juice
1 lg clove garlic, halved
1 canned chipotle chile pepper in adobe sauce, seeded (if desired) + 1 tsp of adobo sauce
1 tsp sugar
4 skinless fish fillets (about 1 1/4 lb total) such as mahi mahi, 3/4 - 1" thick
2 tbs chopped cilantro
1. Oven 400 degrees F
2. Put potatoes in microwaveable 8x8" baking dish. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of the salt. Toss to coat and spread in even layer. Cover with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in it. Microwave on high until nearly tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Combine tomatoes, garlic, pepper and sauce, sugar and remaining 3/4 tsp salt in food processor. Process to a puree, leaving a little texture.
4. Lay fish in single layer over potatoes. Pour tomato mixture evenly over top. Bake until fish flakes when pressed firmly, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve sprinkled with cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition: 252 cal, 28 g pro, 22 g carb, 3 g fiber, 5 g fat, 0.5 g sat fat, 969 mg sodium
I realize now that I put all of the sauce in mine, so it might have been hotter than the recipe calls for. Didn't matter - it was soooo good. I served it with corn on the cob and bread. Let me know what you think if you try it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home