New Car!
So, we decided to participate in Cash for Clunkers. We figure we'll be paying for the program through taxes; we might as well get a new car that finally fits the family out of the deal! Our wonderful truck was sacrificed. sigh. Actually, it started to make some ominous noises and struggled to start a few days b/f we traded it in. Whew! The deal came at the perfect time. John will drive the Kia or his Mustang to work until the Kia caves, and I have a new Ford Escape! The color is really pretty and my favorite feature is that as long as my phone is in the car, I never have to touch it to make a phone call. I just tell the car who to call and it does all the hard work!
I HATE making decisions, so this was a tough choice. I had wanted a RAV4 with a third row of seats, but they are difficult to find, and we wanted to make the deal b/f the truck died. We weren't sure it would last another drive to Arizona to avoid extra Nevada taxes. $1,800! Anyway, the Escape has everything we need. I am so excited that I get to sit in the front seat again! I used to sit b/w the carseats in the Kia while the dogs got the front. Or I just suffered while the dogs sat on my lap. Now they have their very own spot in the back. John heard me complaining that the Escape is so BIG, but he looked up all the info and the other cars we were looking at (including teh RAV4) are actually bigger by a few inches. haha! The Escape is just higher off the ground. Oh well. Guess I will just have to LOVE it. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home