Thursday, July 30, 2009

Matthew

Matthew is growing so fast! He is completely fluent, and can reason rather well. Sometimes he surprises us with his reasoning ability. We were at a friend's house and her little one led Matthew out into the front yard. Mama ran out there and told the little boy that he could not go outside by himself. Matthew pipes up, "Well, he is not alone. I'll be with him." haha! He is mostly potty trained at night. He decided he no longer wants to wear pullups, so he is doing pretty well and controlling accidents.

He picks up the funniest things. The other day he told me that something was "wack". I have no idea where he heard that! He also has created a huge imaginary world with sharks. We saw Finding Nemo one day and ever since, the sharks have been his best friends. He actually counts them among his list of friends. They sleep with him and play with him. They are often how he describes his own feelings. One day he woke up but was still kind of sleepy. He told me that some of the sharks were still sleeping and we needed to be quiet for them. So he goes back to bed and just lays there, occasionally informing me that one of the sharks got up. Eventually they all got up and he was ready to wake up fully. We talk about imaginary vs. real sometimes (when he blames them for things or decides he can't go potty b/c the sharks are already there), but mostly they are a happy addition to the family.

We just went through our first swim lessons with Matthew. He REALLY didn't like them much. He does NOT like the big pool and is very afraid of the water, but we finally got him to LOVE the little pool. He does a lot of the things in teh little pool that he was supposed to do in the big pool. I think he will be more confident next year. I get him in teh big pool periodically even if he cries. Abby on the other hand LOVES the pool. I have some pictures of the bath I will post later with her. I have pictures of Matthew dancing at VBS that I will post when I can figure out what is going on with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home