Friday, July 8, 2011

Camping spot #3: Moab, UT

After four nights with no showers, I was ready to get to Moab, UT. Little did I know we would be pitching our tent in what would look like a tent-shaped raised flower bed right next to our neighbors!! The place had a pool though which made the kids excited.   Unfortunately, the cool campsites on the Colorado River did not have running water.  We'll brave those when the kids are older and able to help more.  During one day we went to Arches National Park where Matthew and Abby did a lot of climbing.


The arches in this park are also made by erosion.  It was interesting to see how water (which is not abundant in most of this region) has been so influential.  It literally shaped the rocks that we saw everywhere we went - even in the desert! 
 Do you see the line of elephants?
 Abby walked some short distances (up to 1/2 mile) b/f she melted down at naptime.

 Our campsite in Moab.


Arches was pretty hot, but the kids still had fun.




I think their favorite part was all the lizards!  We watched for and found a bunch of lizard tracks!

We also went to Canyonlands National Park.  This one is a backpacker's paradise.  The views we saw were amazing. 


A perfect Matthew-sized resting spot.


These formations are called Monitor and Merrimack.

Our last campsite!
Cheesing for the camera.

More Canyonlands.  :)

More Arches.
goodbye Utah!  We had a great time, but I, for one, was ready for a clean shower.  :)

1 Comments:

At July 11, 2011 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Christofferson Chronicles said...

LOVE these pictures!! Gorgeous, shots & what a cool camping trip:-) Jealous! And I saw the elephant;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home