Wednesday, July 6, 2011

San Diego!!

We had the best weekend visiting with family! Lisa and her friend, Jamie, flew into here and hung out with us one night. Well, Lisa got in. Jamie flew in the next morning b/c of issues making her flight. We spent the day seeing the sights downtown and then went out with some friends. I actually have no pictures of that crazy night! Then we got into the car and drove to San Diego to surprise JJ for his 30th birthday. He had no idea. Matthew and Abby were super excited to yell surprise for him. I got to go out with everyone that night to celebrate b/c we found a wonderful babysitter in San Diego. yay!! This is a lovely snail that we saw the next morning on a walk outside Erna's house.  Thanks Erna for organizing all this and letting us stay at your place!
Matthew and Abby LOVED the snail.
That day I had another babysitter lined up so that I could join everyone else on a fantastic boat trip,   but....the babysitter didn't show. So, Matthew and Abby and I went to the zoo.
They got a kick out of this rhino b/c it pooped right in front of them. :)
Oh no! Watch out for the elephant!
Cheese!!!
At some point near the end, Abby fell and started bleeding. No one in the park seemed to have bandaids. She spent the rest of the visit in her chair holding a napkin on her leg.
Matthew enjoyed taking lots of pics. :)


The next morning while everyone slept, we went to SeaWorld. Well, Lisa and Jamie woke up early unexpectedly, but we got to see everyone afterwards.

That afternoon we went to JJ's house and hung out with them all again. We stayed one more day and then went to the beach with Lisa and Jamie b/f we left.  See facebook for photos.  It was such a great trip, but I want to go back and use the good babysitter!! Happy Birthday JJ!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home