Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tulips in the Desert!

Since we did not get to move, I was determined this year to bring a bit of home to the desert. I planted tulips a bit late, and they are just starting to bloom! I think the weather has been cooperating b/c even though we have had some days of 80 degrees and hot sun, we have had quite a few days of wind and clouds at 60 and 70 degrees to give the plants a break. My first tulip.
I planted yellow Gladiolus as well to liven things up after the tulips finish blooming. They will probably need stakes to protect against the wind, and I need to find some desert summer friendly plants to replace the tulips, but I am so happy to see flowers every time I come home. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home