Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trick or Treat with Nana & Papa

The day before, the kids got dressed up and went to a Trunk-or-Treat on base. Has anyone ever heard of these before this year? We never did that growing up, but suddenly everyone is passing out candy from their cars...We got there late, but the kids enjoyed another petting zoo.
This petting zoo had the fanciest chickens...This one looks like an Elvis impersonator.
"Abby pet bunny?"
If you remember the beautiful pumpkins we got from the desert orchard...these are not those pumpkins. Our invading crickets ATE the gorgeous pumpkins, forcing us to buy new ones. Here I am getting the guts out. No one else likes to do it for some reason...
Nana carved a wonderful bat with Matthew, but I have no pictures! Such an oversight.
Papa is carving a scary pumpkin with an upset stomach.
Reason #whatever to have children: They love passing out candy to the trick-or-treaters. I did nothing except record the moment. :)
Matthew directed the whole process.
Finally old enough to trick-or-treat! :)
Bees always hover near flowers.
or sleep on them, whatever.
So, last year John went as a dog walker. Yes, he walked the dog. This year I was pushing for a real costume. After realizing that Daddy was not going to wear superhero tights, Matthew helpfully suggested that Daddy go as a Seahawks fan. John jumped all over that one. Sigh. Maybe next year I'll get him in a costume.
Matthew darting from house to house on a sugar high. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home