Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hawaii

John and I got home from Japan and then turned around and got on a plane to Hawaii!! I think John's break between flights was just a few hours!! Since it was a work trip for John, we were put up in the Hilton Hawaiian Village. (The military hotel had no vacancies.) The Hilton Village boasts tons of animals, pools and a lagoon with fireworks on Fridays. Every day the kids and I went (several times) to look at the animals. These turtles could climb up the little waterfall. These are warm weather penguins from South Africa.
Abby LOVES ducks. She can't stop pointing and saying "Duck"!!
We watched this Kingfisher for a while, trying to catch a fish. Our attention spans were not as long as his...
The flamingoes were also kind of cool! Shortly after this picture was taken, Abby moved near the flamingo enclosure (away from the water). I took the opportunity to send a text since I wasn't worried about the water, and Abby fell into the enclosure!! haha. Mother of the Year! I was watching with two hands around the water - I promise! :) She learned to squat and watch the fish instead of trying to dive in, but I couldn't get photos b/c I was always afraid she would dive in. :(

The lagoon. No waves!!!
Breakfast in our hotel.
Abby's favorite food: pizza!
Matthew still loves his milk. He does not like photos.
One day we decided to go hiking on the coast. We actually spent hours driving around the entire island of Oahu without finding a state park that we could get to. We found this on the side of the road and had a blast!




Matthew loved to throw rocks!
The weirdest (and biggest) centipede I have ever seen...
Sunset at Hawaiian Village.

One night we took the kids to the beach after Daddy got off work, and while they were afraid at first, they LOVED watching waves wash sand over their feet. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home