Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I've found myself again

Have you ever gotten just so busy that you end up feeling like someone else? I've finally started making an effort to take time for myself again. I'm reading incessantly, playing with pet projects, frolicking in the woods and just trying to spend time with family and friends. I really spent way too much time doing all sorts of things for my jobs and home, but I really needed this time. John has been gone for most of this month, so I could read every moment Matthew didn't need me and it felt soooo good! I got to read some old friends and just remember who I have always been. John comes home tomorrow, and I feel rejuvenated. I can't wait to be together with him and Matthew without constantly thinking about all the responsibilities that I have yet to tackle. It probably doesn't hurt that both my jobs essentially ended by today. I will work again, but not until this new baby comes, and I get used to two children. I've always heard people talk about slowing down to lower the stress in their lives, but I've never actually done it. I really recommend it, and I think I'm going to be careful about the responsibilities that I take on from now on. While I can probably do a ton of things at once, I really can't do them all well. I'd rather do a few things well than everything just ok. Above all, I don't want to be too busy to be me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home