Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Potty Training (Again)

I was so afraid of this process, but John came home for a few days and provided a LOT of aid. I was so worried b/c Matthew had NO interest in getting on the potty at all. Even with the potty clock game, (run to the potty when it goes off), he can't quite tell me b/f he is about to go. Yesterday, he told me as we were reading on the potty that he might be "close", and so now I know what vocabulary to use! Hooray! Matthew runs to the potty when his potty clock goes off, and he even occasionally keeps his underwear dry - about once or twice a day.

I found a book at the library, the American Academy of Pediatrics Guide to Toilet Training, which really made me feel better. Instead of touting a particular style of potty training, it focuses on how to choose the right method(s) for your child based on personality, learning styles, etc. I even found some good ideas in there about how to prepare your child for the idea of potty training. I'll use them next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home